• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Kingsbury water park

Lovely photo's Baron it looks like you had a good day and the weather was kind. It's a lovely train trip.

Baron,it is a great place isn't it.
We have an annual pass every year and take our dogs there every Sunday,and sometimes in the week.
There is always something to do.
Last Sunday the model sailing yachts were out and at the other end of the lake there were model hydroplanes(a bit noisy)
On a really fine day people come with gazebos,frame tents and one Sunday a touring caravan for the day.
They organise their own games but there are also Donkeys rides and you can also hire bikes.
There are so many different walks to take that you can never tire of the park. Alberta.

Albaerta I first used the water park when it was a gravel pit with the MIDLAND HYDROPLANE CLUB back in the 1970.
On our visit last Wednesday I meet up with (just by chance) the guy I used to machanic for back in those days, The Hydo Club seem to have hit hard times with only one meet this year as compared to the old days of one each month.
Some place on this forum I remember posting some pictures of the times at the Hydro Club will have to find them & repost to this Thread.
HAPPY DAYS

The Echills Wood Railway used to be at Stoneleigh, but had to move when the Royal Agricultural Society looked at change for the site.

Last edited:
Back