• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Kingsbury Rd, Erdington

Would anyone happen to have a picture of our old house 100 Kingsbury Road?

We lived there from the middle 1940's untill the 1950's and I attended Riland Road School until we moved to Stockland Green.

It was a very large house with attic rooms and huge gardens, in it's day it would have been a grand 'big house' double fronted with a rather grand entrance porch and a double drive.......I know it was later demolished to make way for two blocks of flats that were built on the grounds.

No one in the family has a photo of this lovely old house that holds so many happy memories of my childhood.:blue: I would love to see it again.
Hi Patsi
I was born into that house in 1951 so I have a feeling you are my cousins as several of Mum's children lived there too.
My guess is that the only person who has any photos of the house and garden is Daphne. I asked her several years ago if she had any I could photocopy but she said they were all in the loft. you know Daphne!
Jacqueline or Jane would have inherited them but I lost touch with them years ago

Hi Patsi
I was born into that house in 1951 so I have a feeling you are my cousins as several of Mum's children lived there too.
My guess is that the only person who has any photos of the house and garden is Daphne. I asked her several years ago if she had any I could photocopy but she said they were all in the loft. you know Daphne!
Jacqueline or Jane would have inherited them but I lost touch with them years ago
Jan, welcome to the Forum! A wonderful place with great people, enjoy!

And I love this one. Afraid no date. But look at those wonderful thatched cottages. No idea where this would be on Kingsbury Road, doesn't look familiar to me. It may not be Birmingham of course, but it's labelled as Birminggam on eBay. If it's not B'ham shall remove it. Be interested to find out if it is. Viv.

View attachment 120130
I believe this junction to be Gravelly Hill, Kingsbury Road (ahead) & Compton Road (Right)

Back