• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Kings Head Or Queens Head Upper Thomas Street

Astonian

gone but not forgotten
HI Wales And Freinds
I Have Got A Question For Some-one Or Any body
Whom Might Know The Answer ,OR Can Some-one DoA Kellys Directory
Look Up On This My Old Dutchess Bought A Book To Read By A Lady
Called Bennett And The Tital Is Called Danny Boy , Its A Good Read
But InHer Story She Says She Lived At No 6/ 2O Upper Thomas St Aston ,
In The Year 1926 Now Mny Years Ago I Lived InUpper Thomas Street
At The Top End Which Used To Be The Old Penny Dripping Cake Shop
And The Corner House Was Ours And The Shop Front Was On The Victoria Rd Corner Cross The Rd Was The Continuation Of Upper Thomas St
And There On The Corner Was A Pub Which I Stake My Life On It Was APub Called The Queens Head And As Far As I Am CONCERNED There Was Ever One Pub InUpper Thomas St Bearing In Mind She Was Talking 1926 Era
SoMy Question Is Was This Pub Called The KingsHeadAt That Time And When The King Died Was It Changed Names To The Qeens Head Later On For The Next Duration I Only Remember It Ever Been Called The Queens Head During The Forties And Fifties And Sixtyies Can Any Body Confirm Different Also She Mentioned A Bone Meal Manufaction In Upper Thomas St At That Time Best Wishes ASTONIAN ,;;

Hi Astonian. There were two pubs in Upper Thomas Street, north of the school. One was on the corner of Clifton road opposite the chemist and the bookies. The other one was on the corner of Victoria Road opposite the builders and the barbers shop (I think there was a green grocers on the other corner). The Queens Head sounds a famliar name though.

Back