• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

King Family Lupin Street

Cherrylips

Hi I would be really grateful if someone could look up the King family that resided in Lupin Street . I need to find out about my grandfather Thomas Joseph King. As he was a first WW1 solider Im unable to obtain his medical records as he was discharged early from the army due to sickness. I only have that My Nan Emily Coleing lived at 13 Lupin Street. And then moved with my grandad to 1 back 12 Lupin Street and my father Martin King (who was a twin) attended St Matthews School

What are you looking for his parents/ancestors or info on his life?

The last time they appear on the electoral rolls in Lupin St is 1927 and on the 1939 register Emily and 4 sons are in the Bromsgrove (urban district). Thomas isn't with them and Violet has married (?).

And do you mean his medical records or his army records? If it's the latter then his early discharge shouldn't affect you seeing them as long as they weren't one of the ones destroyed in ww2. My great grandfather was discharged being unfit and I've seen his.

Back