• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Kid's who'd have 'em

R

Rod

The Trew Storee Of The Nativitivity By Erin Aged 4 going on 32

Once upon a time the was a man called Josef and he went to beflehem wiv Maree. He couldnt get to sleep cus there was no room cus everybody was sleeping in them. He found a stable and slept with the animals, two dogs, Barney & Harvey who were black and white and some men come, they followed a trail of crumbs and a star. Mary had a baby his name was Jesus. The men didnt bring any presents cus it wasnt anyones birthday but Santa came and brought some. Jesus grew up and went to school. The End

Re: The Trew Storee Of The Nativitivity By Erin Aged 4 going on 32

Sounds perfeckly alright to me. O0

I reckon Erin has the whole thing well and truly sussed.  Well done. A Very Happy Christmas Erin and I hope Santa brings you everything you would like.
xxxxxx

Give Erin a hug form me. :smitten:

:angel:  Rod give Erin a big hug from me. That truly is what Christmas is about, reminding us of family (including our animals), friends and the real gifts we have in them.

Chris :angel:

Thank You folks, I thought you might like to share with me the fun we have had tonight. We sat and had tea, and as we ate.... Erin was eager to tell us lots of things including the Xmas Story. It took on a life all of it's own, Erin telling the story and answering my questions, and involving the the things in the room around her, the dogs, and the crumbs especially. Rachel her sister using her hands and face to express herself, much to our delight. I didnt realise I'd missed having kids around so much. :smitten: :smitten:

Rod,
I hope you've told Erin and Rachel how happy they've made their granddad. I'm glad Christmas has come early for you. O0

Thats a wonderful tale. So real, and it bought a broad smile to my face, and took me back to many funny stories that kids have told over the years.............a new thread is about to be born me thinks

Newtons Cradle

Here is one of two two short tales.......both involve my neice when she was about 4

My hubby and I often looked after my neice when she was young, we had not started our owm family and of course we had no toys or such like to entertain her when she visited. Most of the time I would get pots and pans out, or buy a scrap book and cut and paste pics into it. One day we bought a Newtons Cradle and proudly displayed it on our coffe table....recall them?..............

ticktock.jpg

Joanne loved the Newtons cradle...it wasnt a toy and totally unsuitable to buy a 4 year old, but she watched it for hours, it mesmorised her.
That evening we took Joanne home and her mom as usual asked if she'd been good.............'as good as gold' we replied.............She turned to Joanne and asked what she had been doing during the day...........Joanne trotted off the usual as her mom listened intently.....'colouring..........cooking.........cutting and pasting...............and ohhh, I've been playing with Uncle Tonys balls'

Re: Newtons Cradle

:eek: :D Fantastic, kids would get you hung wouldn't they?

Oisin I have, and Ive hugged them. I have waited 4 years to be a grandad, I so sorry it's under such sad circumstances... I'm overjoyed that I'm not a stranger anymore and I get hugs without conditions. :smitten:

What Shall we have for tea?

The second story about my 4 year old neice.................

Again, because we had no children of our owm, our fridge and freezer didnt house the likes of dinosaur shapes and chicken nuggets, so meal times during Joannes visits consisited of 'something' on toast usually...........

One day, Joanne was 'pretend' cooking.............she had a glass basin and a whisk, and was 'madly' beating away at the invisable mixture with gusto.

'What are you making?' I enquired

'Something to put on toast for our dinner' she replied

Seizeing the opportunity for an idea of what to give her for dinner.............I asked what exactly it was she was whisking

'Soddit' she responded as she carried on with the task in hand..........'we are all having soddit on toast' she continued

Now I knew things like alphabet bites, spaghetti hoops, dinosaur pieces etc........but I needed clarification on 'soddit'

It appeared that 'soddit' was Joannes name for scrambled egg...........she had watched her mom crack eggs into a bowl to whisk up to make the mixture, and it became clear that eggshell had accidently fallen into the mixture, of course her mom had said 'oh sod it''........and joanne thought that one of her favourite meals on toast was actually called 'soddit'

The Lords Prayer

50 odd years ago, when my younger brother was about 3' I was entrusted to teach him the Lords Prayer.
We got as far as "Give us this day our .." when he promptly said "our Davids bread"(our David being our older brother!! He opened his eyes and said "Why do we have to have "our David's bread"? How I kept my face straight I'll never know!! Bless "out of the mouths of babes"

We were on our way to a three year posting to Cyprus. Steve was six and Sall was three. Flying across the Med the 'plane developed a fault, so we were turned round. We eventually ended up in Brighton, they actually took us to the Grand hotel, which was in Chaos, it was being re-furbed for the summer season. We were told we could take one suitcase from the pile at the airport, so we grabbed a very small one that held our night clothes and wash bags.

We finally had a meal and put the two of them to bed, then back down stairs to have a nightcap and draw breath after a quite scary time. We hadn't been there very long when there was a voice booming over the speaker system - 'Will Mrs Poppitt please come to reception urgently' Nobody knew we were there, no names had been given when we arrived, we were all classed as RAF nuisances. I flew out ony to be told that my son had phoned downstairs and asked for 'Mummy'. I didn't wait for the lift I flew upstairs, Brian on my heels. When I got into the room Steve and Sall were sitting up in bed with the one thing we had with us, a colouring book and pencil. 'Oh I am glad you came mom. Do you have selotape and scissors please.' House packed and in boxes, no clothes, just what we stood up in. :)

Re: Newtons Cradle

:angel: the that is just the kind of explanation I hear very often at Pre-School news time.
We teachers very often find it very hard to keep a straight face at Monday morning news time, after week-end breaks .
"Uncle Bill slept on top of Mummy and Daddy, Auntie Jane and Uncle Hamish on the floor" (What an orgy that must have been).The little boy had been to a family reunion at his Gran's. All the children had been given the beds to sleep in, and the adults had been squashed together in sleeping bags on the lounge floor.

Chris :angel:

Re: The Lords Prayer

Wonder if he still says 'Davids bread' now as a slip of the tongue? ::)

Back