• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Kid's who'd have 'em

Re: The Trew Storee Of The Nativitivity By Erin Aged 4 going on 32

It bought a great big smile to my face too Rod!

RELIGIOUS FROGS

My daughter was about 8 I guess when she came home with homework that entailed putting living things into their categories - mammals, reptiles whatever.  I was cooking dinner and when she asked what category she should place a frog in - my mind was a blank.  I called out to the Laird - did he know?  No.  Then my dearest little Emma piped up and said "I know - maybe he's a Catholic!"  Needless to say I had been sadly neglecting her religious instruction. :laugh:

Re: The Trew Storee Of The Nativitivity By Erin Aged 4 going on 32

:angel: :smitten:

Mean Parents

My oldest daughter was the only child in her school not to have a Christmas present off her parents. She only told us recently how she used to feel deprived when other kids were discussing what their parents had bought and she only got pressies from Father Christmas. :buck2:

Childrens thoughts.

A few years ago I took my granddaughter to my father in laws grave. As we were changing the flowers I was trying to explain were dad had gone.After telling her he had gone to live with Jesus, she thought for a while and then said, "Did he go on the bus or have a taxi"! Lovely thought of all these buses or taxis queuing up to drop off there fares.

Re: Childrens thoughts.

"Beam me up Scotty" As a grandad that is how I want to go.

Robert

PETER PAN

Most people know the story of Peter Pan, One of the children in it is called Wendy, but did you know that the name Wendy didn't exist till J M Barrie wrote it in his story.
( voice of Michael Caine ) " not a lot of people know that. "

Re: PETER PAN

:angel: Same here, I went to school with Wendy Jones. She was proud that even though her last name was very old and common her first name wasn't.

What Postie Michael Caine uses the name Wendy (Not alot of people knew that) >:D :2funny:

Robert, I haven't read it all yet, I'm about halfway through.

I always wanted to play Wendy in Peter Pan at school - but ended up being TinkerBell LOL

Yes Postied,that's how I got my name,circa 1953..........oh dam now you all know how old I am! apparently my brother's who are older than me went to see Peter Pan and decided little sisters name. Moma P (Wendy)

Back