• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Kid's who'd have 'em

Jesus in the R A F

WHEN MY DAUGHTER MICHAELA WAS ABOUT 7 IT WAS AROUND EASTER AND THEY MUST HAVE BEEN LEARNING ABOUT JESUS BEING CRUCIFIED AT SCHOOL.
SHE USED TO SIT FOR HOURS ON MY DADS LAP LOOKING THROUGH HIS AIRFORCE ALBUM OF THE TIME HE WAS IN IRAQ.
THERE WAS A PHOTO OF 2 MEN (NOT VERY NICE I ADMIT, BUT SHE HAD SEEN IT BEFORE HE COULD HIDE IT) HANGING THEY WERE SUSPENED FROM A TREE. SHE MUST HAVE THOUGHT IT WAS A CROSS BECAUSE SHE SAID TO DAD " GRANDAD i DIDN'T KNOW JESUS WAS IN THE AIRFORCE"

Another Gem.

Another one that my eldest grand-daughter Keera came out with last night. It was late on, and getting chilly, so Keera asked my wife for her blanket, that she has had since she was born, that we keep here. My wife fetched it for her and said "Do you know where that blanket came from", to which Keera replied "No". The neighbours over the road bought it in Turkey while they where on holiday, and gave it to Keera, the wife said. Keera asked "Did they know the people in Turkey, that they bought it off", to which my wife replied "No, because there are a lot of people in Turkey". And then my wife asked, " There where lots of people at Disneyland in Paris when you went last year, do you remember any names of anyone there?" To which she very quickly replied,"Yes, there was Mickey Mouse, Donald Duck etc." I think shes great for 6 years old. Barry.

Dreams

The words to discribe my grandsons first experience of dreams. Grandmar do you have stories in your eyes when you are asleep.
Sweep dreams my little angel.

Re: Dreams

Ain’t they just lovely? Pity it doesn’t last past their teens!
I can remember my mom always said ‘sweet dreams’, to us at night.
‘Night night, sweet dreams, mind the bugs don’t bite’.
We had it put on her gravestone. I still can’t listen to Patsy Cline’s rendition without a tear in my eye.
Still, back to the point.
Now, being presumptuous and assuming the thread will develop into the things kids say and not be dream focussed, I’ll tell you a little story. My son is now 17. My daughter is 19. I’ve raised them on my own for almost 17 years. One evening, when the lad would have been about 4 and the girl about 51/2 I was bathing them- they still got in together. My daughter noticed my son’s privates (yes, about this time I started bathing them alone!) ‘Dad, what’s that?’ Never one to fumble around such things, I explained as best her child’s intellect would understand. Something to the effect of it’s a willie and it’s what boys have to do a wee. Her response? ‘When I grow up I’m going to have lots of willies.’ You could have knocked me down with a feather! The innocence of children continues to amaze me. How much better might the world be if we could retain some of that innocence as we grow?

Babbs and Sucklings

There was a letter in the"Times" last year from a teacher in a London school who asked his class of 10/11 year olds to write a limerick, one boy;
My pal Billy had a ten foot willie he showed to the girl next door,

She thought it was a snake, hit it the rake, now its only
five feet four.
Out of the mouths of babes and sucklings eh?

Re: Babbs and Sucklings

Bearnard that is funny. My daughter in law is a teacher and some of the things she tells me are so funny so I must get her to jot some down and post them. Bye. Jean.

Back