• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

KIddies Express GWR Snow Hill

how lovely for those children viv but sad to think that only a week later ww2 started and many were torn away from their parents and evacuated

think this is worth posting again dated 1963 also going to western super mare..what a treat this must have been for a lot of these children who had never seen the sea before and begs the question...where are they now

lyn

Last edited:
how lovely for those children viv but sad to think that only a week later ww2 started and many were torn away from their parents and evacuated

think this is worth posting again dated 1963 also going to western super mare..what a treat this must have been for a lot of these children who had never seen the sea before and begs the question...where are they now

lyn
This has to be my favourite film.

i agree mort i love it...the little faces full of apprehension even on the train as i bet some children had not even seen the beach and sea and some did not even know what it was but then smiles thereafter...think i have posted the clip 3 times on the forum always in the hope that someone will recognise themselves..wonderful piece of social history

lyn

Back