• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

KIddies Express GWR Snow Hill

how lovely for those children viv but sad to think that only a week later ww2 started and many were torn away from their parents and evacuated

think this is worth posting again dated 1963 also going to western super mare..what a treat this must have been for a lot of these children who had never seen the sea before and begs the question...where are they now

lyn

Last edited:
how lovely for those children viv but sad to think that only a week later ww2 started and many were torn away from their parents and evacuated

think this is worth posting again dated 1963 also going to western super mare..what a treat this must have been for a lot of these children who had never seen the sea before and begs the question...where are they now

lyn
This has to be my favourite film.

i agree mort i love it...the little faces full of apprehension even on the train as i bet some children had not even seen the beach and sea and some did not even know what it was but then smiles thereafter...think i have posted the clip 3 times on the forum always in the hope that someone will recognise themselves..wonderful piece of social history

lyn

Back