• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Key Hill Entrance Gates and Posts

W

Wendy

We popped into Key Hill Cemetery to plant some bulbs and tidy a bit. While there we went to see how work was progressing on the gate posts at the Key Hill entrance. I have to say they look magnificent. I took some pictures only a key hole view. I can't wait to see them finished.

Key_Hill_28_Feb_015.JPGKey_Hill_28_Feb_012.JPGKey_Hill_28_Feb_013.JPGKey_Hill_28_Feb_014.JPG

wend the gates posts are look good so far....oh and well done on the bulb planting and tidying up..:encouragement:

Thanks Lyn I didn't do a lot as didn't have much time. I was very upset to see a lot of rubbish left by the benches food paper and even a nappy I just couldn't belive it:mad: I was glad I had my rubber gloves on!

Thanks for posting the pictures Wendy - the gates are really starting to take shape now instead of just a lot of blocks on the ground. It is great to see how much work is going on key Hill at the moment - it is really going to make a difference to how it looks.

Not so good about the rubbish - I don't know why people think it is ok to just leave rubbish on the floor. Well done for having your gloves and picking it up!

Thanks for posting the pictures Wendy, the gates are looking great! Shame about the rubbish (that's people who drop litter)!

We paid a very quick visit to Key Hill this morning. I was saddened to see that the beautiful gate-posts have already suffered some slight damage, presumably by lorries. All that care and restoration spoiled!
rosie.

We went again today, the damage is graffiti and tags. Apologies to any of the lorry drivers!
I don't know if it can be sanded off. My Mum used an expression "Words fail me". I'm so cross!.
rosie.

Back