• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

KESTERTON, Frederick

theodore

master brummie
Frederick Kesterton b. Birmingham 1887 abt. No other details found other than 1911 census when serving with the 2nd Battalion Worcestershire Regiment aged 24 (in India at the time).
If anyone can supply any further information regarding Frederick it would be most appreciated.

Regards

Peter

I'm not so sure about the 1911 entry showing his age as 24. If you look carefully at the other entries then certain of them have a definite 2 whereas the others could be a '3'.

Certainly no suitable Births 1887 (ish) except one in Paddington.

1881 Census, RG11, Piece 3047, Folio 70, Page 11 shows,
Roland Kesterton, 29
Agnes E Kesterton, 28
Charles A Kesterton, 6
Frederick Kesterton 1

And the 1891 entry, transcribed as Kesleston, is at RG12, Piece 2433, Folio 55, Page 15, which also shows the names of the grand parents.

From the Birmingham Library collection on Ancestry. A marriage between, Ellen Kesterton(28) > James Leonard Parkes(26), Tool Setter, both of 62 James Road, at St Peter & St Paul's Church, 6 Nov 1915.

Fathers. Samuel Parkes, Carter. Rowland Kesterton, Gardener. Witnesses:- Charles Arnold Kesterton + Laura Kesterton.

I've found these Army Records on FMP for Frederick Kesterton.

British Army Service Records 1760-1915 Transcription
First name(s):
Frederick
Last name:
KESTERTON
Calculated year of birth:
Parish of birth:
Birmingham
Town of birth:
Birmingham
County of birth:
Warwickshire
Age at attestation:
17 years 10 months
Attestation date:
18 October 1904
Attestation corps:
6TH R WAR R
Attestation soldier number:
Discharge rank:
Discharge corps:
Royal Warwickshire Regiment - 6th Foot
Discharge soldier number:
The National Archives reference:
WO96

The records state his next of kin as, Mother, Hester Kesterton, 7 Clayton Road, Saltley, Birmingham.

Thank you both for your replies.

Ken the 1911 census does show a definite 2 and others, well these are hard to tell 2 or 3.

The service record sadly Warwickshire Regiment and not Worcesters.

Again Thanks for looking

Regards

Peter

Back