• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Kenyon St Police Station

mikejee

Super Moderator
Staff member
Recently I was asked for permission to use some photos I had taken of the station back around 1970. I gladly said fine, with attribution, as I always would. The person concerned commented , however that they had seen one of them elsewhere than on a forum and hoped they had asked for permission, as it was ONLY (their capitals) the Jewellery Quarter WMP Twitter Account.
I have posted the front view on the forum before, though cannot find it now, but not sure about the two other shots. So here they are together:
9A. Kenyon st police station.jpg10A. Kenyon st police station.jpg11A. Kenyon st police station.jpg

And here is a scan of the front page of the Twitter account

ScreenHunter 1673.jpg

Should perhaps have added that they had not asked, though, in truth I am sure the account is outsourced and run be active young things in a private company who care bXXXXX all for ownership

mike they are cracking photos that you took..certainly the best front on shot i have seen...the only photo i have is a long shot looking up kenyon st which does not show the station very well

lyn

Oh Memories. Arrived there in January 1966. Pouring with rain; the gutters and window sills all running with water. Looked as if the building was weeping!
Happy Days. C 278 John Walker

Oh Memories. Arrived there in January 1966. Pouring with rain; the gutters and window sills all running with water. Looked as if the building was weeping!
Happy Days. C 278 John Walker

welcome john...can i take it you served at kenyon st....enjoy the forum

lyn

welcome john...can i take it you served at kenyon st....enjoy the forum

lyn
Thanks Lyn. Yes I was at Kenyon. From January 1966. Shown around the beat by PC Jim Carrol, who eventually went home to join the R.U.C. My Inspector was Dixie Dean, Sergeants, Sgt. Les Jackson, Stan Swindell, Ernie Holt and John Fisher. All gents of the highest order. Eventually in 1968, I went to the Dog Section, to cover the 'C; Division as a whole. Retired from Aldridge Station in 1990. Now still in Great Barr, at 82! where did the years go?

John

Back