• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Kenyon St 1960

james houston

Mr Sparks
Hello does anyone know how I can get access to an Electoral Register or Kellys Directory for Kenyon Street in 1960 please.

james houston

Mr Sparks
I was looking for whole Street Maurice as I've seen a few on Ancestry Library Edition but can't seem to Get Kenyon Street

james houston

Mr Sparks
Thank you Maurice just what I was looking for , my Mom & Dad are on there at 1 back of 65 and and I remember quite a lot of the names on there especially the Shopkeepers.cheers Jim

james houston

Mr Sparks
Fantastic maps Mike we lived at1/65 Kenyon St which is marked as Court 16.Behind our house was a site that I understand was a Swimming baths which may have been bombed in the war.It would be nice to try and find a photograph of the baths.Cheers Jim Houston.
Is 1955 Kelly's any good?
View attachment 149480
Thanks Rob ,we didn't move into Kenyon Street till1958 but most of the businesses here I remember.I have managed to get the 1960 Electoral Register from Sospiri(Maurice).
Is 1955 Kelly's any good?
View attachment 149480

Attachments

james houston

Mr Sparks
Fantastic maps Mike we lived at1/65 Kenyon St which is marked as Court 16.Behind our house was a site that I understand was a Swimming baths which may have been bombed in the war.It would be nice to try and find a photograph of the baths.Cheers Jim Houston.

Thanks Rob ,we didn't move into Kenyon Street till1958 but most of the businesses here I remember.I have managed to get the 1960 Electoral Register from Sospiri(Maurice).
Cheers Jim

Astoness

TRUE BRUMMIE MODERATOR
Staff member
pretty sure there are one or two photos of kenyon street somewhere on the forum which you have most likely seen...find one of the police station and it could well show no 65 as well