• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Kenrick & Jefferson West Bromwich 23rd October 1939

Teapot6654

Hello All

I’m Stuart Davis, and I have only just joined and I wonder if anyone can help me, I am in the process of tracking down my family tree from my mother’s side, my late mum was Pamela Mary Fothergill Davis Nee Banks, she was born in 1925 and sadly passed away in December of 2017. Does anyone know or have heard of a firm called K & J who were based in West Bromwich during the 1930’s, on October 23rd 1939 my late my mum received a later from her uncle Fred, thanking her for writing to her and talking about the help he had given to my mum and her mother and family and saying to my mum that the only way in which she could thank him was turn out to be “A real English woman“ with a beautiful character and by being a joy to all she met....

What I would ideally like top know is more about K & J, I wonder if K & J was or is Kenrick & Jefferson Printers in West Browich, who my great uncle Fred was and more about him, what he did and more about his trade...

If anyone can help me, I will be really grateful to you, please accept my apologies if I have gone about doing my first post the wrong way.

Thank you in advance

Kind regards

Stuart

Thank you for your help, I wonder if I can prevail on you once more, thanks to your kind information, it now seems that I am related to Frederick Jefferson, (he was my great uncle), do you know if he had any children and if so are they still with us now? Also have you a photo of Frederick Jefferson, as I have never seen one of him

Kind regards

Stuart

Sorry .. can't help with your personal search but I was appreticed there from 1961. Only names I can remember are
Tom Jefferson... Tony Butler... Terry Sims... Harry Jakeways Arthur & Sylvia ?... Peter Udall...
Geof Field ( engineering ) .. Tommy Turner ( caretaker ) & Billy Brookes - ex Baggies wing half.

Thank you for your help, I wonder if I can prevail on you once more, thanks to your kind information, it now seems that I am related to Frederick Jefferson, (he was my great uncle), do you know if he had any children and if so are they still with us now? Also have you a photo of Frederick Jefferson, as I have never seen one of him

Kind regards

Stuart
Hi Stuart
I’m Fred Jefferson’s granddaughter.
Are you still interested in know more about the family?
Joanna

Hi Stuart
I am Fred Jefferson’s granddaughter. Let me know if you’re still interested in finding out more about the family.
Josnna

Back