• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Kenny family Bath Street

Thomas Kenny

knowlegable brummie
Hi .. lm looking for further information about the KENNY family who lived at 44 Bath Street near st chads in 1920’s .. they also had a shop in the street and my great grandfather Thomas KENNY owned Racket court lodging house in the street.. his wife was Annie HODGKINS.. they had 7 kids Tom,Annie,Mary,James,Edward,Frank,Cathy… thanks Tom Kenny.

I remember Racket Court being a lodging house, this was in the 1950's when I was a child. My sister met her future husband who lodged there.
I remember my elder siblings talking about the Kenny family. Sadly they are no longer with us. The only shop I remember was Hatton's tea shop. Apart from the Lodging House and the house next door opposite St. Chads Cathedral and two houses next to the Gunmakers and our yard I do not remember any other houses in Bath Street. Most of the buildings were small workshops and factories.
I do have a friend who may have some information about the Kenny Family, he may remember them. If you wish I could contact him to ask.
Pauline

Back