• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Kalamazoo

My mom Doreen Davies (Cotterill) i believe in the book binding room…She left around 1965

Attachments

• IMG_0770.jpeg
    IMG_0770.jpeg
    802.8 KB · Views: 12
I worked for a company called Sakurai Machinery in the 80's and sold some Oliver litho printing presses to Kalamazoo. I particularly remember a lovely gentleman called Reg Garrett who I believe managed the print department then. I took a carful of guys from the printing department to our showroom in Hounslow to see and evaluate the presses. I got the order and went on to sell a few presses to Kalamazoo. I was a bit of a rookie then and selling these presses to Kalamazoo was a major coup for me at the time. Good wishes to anyone who remembers me.

Back