• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Juxon

O

O.C.

Intrested in anyone who has a Juxon in there Family Tree from Aston, Nechells, Tamworth. Aldridge.

Re: Intrested in the name Juxon

Hi Cromwell & welcome :) greeted with a Cavalier :coolsmiley: way Ok

Very unusual Surname,, good luck with responses

Heres one for you, Charles Juxon @ 46 Charles Road, Small Heath, B,ham in 1908,, Ok m8 , John Y O0

:angel: cromwell, I've sent you a PM that may be of help...!

Chris :angel:

there was a John Juxon who lived in Two Gates Tamworth. He was my brother in law but died a few years ago. H eould be in his 70s I think

Intrested in anyone who has a Juxon in there Family Tree from Aston, Nechells, Tamworth. Aldridge.
Hi there, My great grandfather's mother was Maria Juxon, daughter of Charles Juxon, Brassfounder of Paradise St and Princep St B'ham and Ann Juxon. Charles' father was Nicolas Juxon a buttonmaker of Weaman St. Are these the Juxon's you are interested in??

Hi. Did the Maria Juxon you mention marry Job Robbins or am I a generation out? My grandfather was the son of a Maria Juxon and Job Robbins and I'd be interested in finding out more about my Juxon ancestors.

Hi. Did the Maria Juxon you mention marry Job Robbins or am I a generation out? My grandfather was the son of a Maria Juxon and Job Robbins and I'd be interested in finding out more about my Juxon ancestors.

Yes, Maria Juxon and Job Robbins (married 1849) had three children. Emma Jane (b 1850) who was my ggrandmother who married John Robert Ensor, Lucy Ellen (b 1851) who married Charles James Orgill and Charles Juxon (b 1855) who married Eliza Dewhirst in 1877 just after Maria had died. All three of Maria's children went on to have laundry connections. Emma Jane Ensor founded the Central Steam Laundry in Palfrey, Walsall in 1903. Later my grandfather, Uncle and Aunt managed the laundry. Lucy and Charles Orgill were involved in steam laundries firstly in Birmingham then Walsall eventually founding Orgills Laundry next to the Old Football Stadium in the Pleck, Walsall. Charles Juxon Robbins became manager of a laundry in London (1881 census) eventually moving out to Reading and Caversham. His children were also involved in laundries in Swindon.
If this information is interesting to you please get in touch, Lesley Godwin

Hi Lesley
Thanks very much for this, the laundry connection is particularly interesting. My father Charles Robbins and his brother George Juxon Robbins were the sons of Charles J Robbins by his second marriage to Florence Over. George was born in Hartlepool and my father in Surbiton although seem to remember him telling me that he spent part of his childhood in Westerham so Charles J seemed to move about a bit! The story was that as well as managing laundries he also invented laundry machinery which sometimes worked and sometimes didn't!! My uncle Will Robbins and his wife Dorothy ran the Port House Laundry in Dawlish in Devon. There was also a story about two of his sisters establishing the first steam laundry in Johannesburg - have you heard anything about that? Perhaps that was after they were in Swindon? Neither George J nor my father had anything to do with laundries but I worked at Buckleigh Laundry in Westward Ho! for three summers when I was at college so suppose was keeping alive the family tradition!

Do you know anything about the Juxon or Robbins family prior to Maria and Job?

Marion Windsor

Maybe this is your Maria:

Name: Maria Juxon
Baptism/Christening Date: 27 Jun 1820
Baptism/Christening Place: CHERRY STREET WESLEYAN METHODIST,BIRMINGHAM,WARWICK,ENGLAND
Birth Date: 20 May 1816
Birthplace:
Death Date:
Name Note:
Race:
Father's Name: Charles Juxon
Father's Birthplace:
Father's Age:
Mother's Name: Ann

...and perhaps some siblings:
Name: William Juxon
Baptism/Christening Date:
Baptism/Christening Place:
Birth Date: 08 Jan 1818
Birthplace: Birmingham, Warwick, England
Death Date:
Name Note:
Race:
Father's Birthplace:
Father's Age:

Name: Lucy Juxon
Birth Date: 13 Nov 1813
Death Date:
Name Note:
Race:
Father's Birthplace:
Father's Age:

Name: Charles Juxon
Birth Date: 28 May 1820
Death Date:
Name Note:
Race:
Father's Birthplace:
Father's Age:
Mother's Birthplace:
Mother's Age:

Hi Kaz
It looks like the right Maria - thanks for the info and the details of her siblings.

Marion

hi to all
my grandmother was grace elizabeth juxon and in 1897 and very pregnant she married james henry holland. her mother, my great grandmother was martha juxon nee smith.
my great grandfather was charles juxon.
I have records back to the 1700s on the juxon family.
the juxons lived at no 40 allesley street aston for many years and a lot of family events seemed to revolve around this household.
thr juxons and the smiths were very close and seemed to live in each others houses.
the smiths were from frederick street.
regards boff.

Hi there,
I am also a Juxon descendant - my Great x 3 Gran was Mary Ann Juxon, daughter of Charles & Ann and another sibling of Martha/Maria/William/Charles etc... Mary Ann married Joseph Fulford, a brewer. They eventually moved to Manchester.
I would love to be in contact with fellow Juxon descendants if you are still posting on here!
Regards,

Claire

hello Claire
nice to meet you fellow Juxon relative, yes my grandmother was Grace Elizabeth Juxon i believe Grace was the youngest child of Charles and Martha Juxon when they lived in 40 Allesley street Aston Birmingham, Grace was pregnant with my father when she married James Henry Holland but he seemed to disappear shortly before or after my father was born. I have not found any record of my father Norris Holland,s birth nor could I find any thing more about James Henry. I do know the Hollands came from Congelton in Cheshire and by some strange coincidence I believe the Juxons came from that area as well. I think a lot of families came to Brum. when the weaving mills began to shut down up north. The Juxon name and address ie 40 Allesley street appear on several certificates I have managed to dig up but due to illness and other things I have not done any research for a while but I think you may have stirred the bug in me again to start again. On the Juxon side the most famous relative I have found was an arch bishop of Cantenbury and on the Holland side is one Robert DeHolland from a place called Upholland, his daughter married the black prince from the house of plantagenats, Its amazing what you can dig up from the past. I will have to drag out all my research stuff out and anything that may be of intrest to you i,ll pass on,please get back in touch bye Boff.

Hi Boff,
I have researched extensively too and leave it for a while and then get back on it again! It's great to chat to you! Our Juxon descendants came to Hinckley, Leicestershire but were originally from London.It all started with Nicholas Juxson who became a Quaker. He was the second cousin of the Archbishop you mentioned. I am on ancestry but still need to tweak my tree a bit as new information has come to light. It is really interesting what you dig up when you are looking! Keep in touch and if you want any information just let me now.
Thanks so much!

Yes, Maria Juxon and Job Robbins (married 1849) had three children. Emma Jane (b 1850) who was my ggrandmother who married John Robert Ensor, Lucy Ellen (b 1851) who married Charles James Orgill and Charles Juxon (b 1855) who married Eliza Dewhirst in 1877 just after Maria had died. All three of Maria's children went on to have laundry connections. Emma Jane Ensor founded the Central Steam Laundry in Palfrey, Walsall in 1903. Later my grandfather, Uncle and Aunt managed the laundry. Lucy and Charles Orgill were involved in steam laundries firstly in Birmingham then Walsall eventually founding Orgills Laundry next to the Old Football Stadium in the Pleck, Walsall. Charles Juxon Robbins became manager of a laundry in London (1881 census) eventually moving out to Reading and Caversham. His children were also involved in laundries in Swindon.
If this information is interesting to you please get in touch, Lesley Godwin
I am not sure if you are still a member but Emma Jane Robbins and John Robert Ensor are my husband's great grandparents. I have found this information very interesting as I have been trying to work out the relationships from the Census. As I am in Australia, my knowledge of England geography has been sadly lacking. I have been able to obtain some photos of John and Emma and their children from Australian relatives living in Brisbane. My husband's connections from John and Emma are through their son, Albert who married Clara Jane Wistance. They came out to Australia in 1912 on the Waipara arriving in Brisbane with their children, Elsie, Maud, May, Lucy and Albert. Their daughter May was my husband's maternal grandmother. If anyone is interested in the Australian side I can provide details.
Cheers,
Marilyn.

Marilyn
The post from people marked as guest are no longer members, though they may still view the forum on occasion

Marilyn
The post from people marked as guest are no longer members, though they may still view the forum on occasion
Thank you for that Mike. I was being optimistic. I at least have been able to find some more links from this thread so I am now a bit further advanced than I have been before and have some evidence to support or rule out possible individuals.
Cheers,
Marilyn.

Back