• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

June 2008 edition articles on Beaufort Cinema, the Blitz, Clissold Street

W

Wendy

There are some wonderful stories and photo's in this months magazine about the Beaufort Cinema in War End. The Blitz. An Evacuee's story the Brewhouse and Baths in Clissold street which has a lovely photo of the bomb peck on the corner of Clissold Street and Hingestion Street. Plus lots more..........

Hi,
Does anyone out there have any other old pictures of Clissold Street, when the back to backs were still there.
I used to live at 2/23, and although they are now long gone, the memories are very much alive. I was there until I was 10 years old, but in those days Mom bought us up alone and money was scarce so no money to spend on luxuries like cameras.
I would love to hear from anyone who can let me have anything on Clissold Street. We moved to Park Road about 1969, the house was a bit bigger, but still had an outside toilet.
We were there for about 18 months then we moved to Kingstanding.

Thanks for looking,
Trish.

Back