• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

junction cafe

lindev

master brummie
does anyone rememeber the junction cafe on the corner of wheeler street and gt king street(i think) it was always full of teddy boys, i couldnt wait till i was old enough to go inside but never did go there,

does anyone rememeber the junction cafe on the corner of wheeler street and gt king street(i think) it was always full of teddy boys, i couldnt wait till i was old enough to go inside but never did go there,

I was talking to my mom earlier about this site and she grew up in Wheeler Street, she remembered the Cafe on the corner, Also Chaplins and Browns the taboconists, her and her brothers used to play on the old bomb pecks as they called them then back in the 50's my Nan used to go spare haha

My gran lived in Wheeler St Claire. What was your mom's name. Do you know what number she lived at?

She lived 1 back 109 by the Chip Shop, just below the farmer St junction..she lived next door to Mrs Clarke, her mate was called Jackie... my moms name is Linda, her brothers were ronnie and steven (he looked like the milky bar kid lol )

hi Claire i lived at 13/164 just below the acorn pub on the opposite side, you say your moms mate was name jackie just wondering if this could be my cousin who also lived in wheeler street. what school did she go to i went to st mathias then lozells what years did your mom live in wheeler street lindev

hi Claire i lived at 13/164 just below the acorn pub on the opposite side, you say your moms mate was name jackie just wondering if this could be my cousin who also lived in wheeler street. what school did she go to i went to st mathias then lozells what years did your mom live in wheeler street lindev

My Family were there from 1948 - 1962, my Nan and Grandad were neighbours and used to live a few streets back on Russell Street and moved there when they married.. My Gt uncle Bill Martin lived by The Acorn, his kids were Catherine and Barry and another i can't think of name of now lol She said she can't remember her name, my Nan and Grandad married at St Mathius Church most of my family is originated from that area.... my mom and her brothers were forever getting told off for playing on the bomb pecks lol

I'll speak to her in a bit an see if i can get more info, but i'm sure she said Jackies mom ran one of the shops

claire please ask your mom if she knew kate or jackie devlin and do you mean great russel street that is were my nan lived she was name sal davis. your family lived in the area the same time as my family

claire please ask your mom if she knew kate or jackie devlin and do you mean great russel street that is were my nan lived she was name sal davis. your family lived in the area the same time as my family

Yes your probably right with the name, i just remember the Russell Sreet bit lol My Nan, Grandad, their brothers and sisters and parents siblings were all in those roads, my aunty Ethel lived on John Street. I'm waiting on her to call me, I know her neighbours were the Clarkes, but that's about it, she doesn't remember a lot, it's been a few years now lol but i will ask her about those names. They all lived in the streets around there, main names were Sargent and Martin... so if anyone reading remembers them give me a shout! :)

Mom said are you related to the Caswell's?? The name Devin rings a bell, give her time to jog her mind lol

jimmy caswell married my moms sister joyce

My mom got it right then, she remembers your nan, and Maxine and Sandra Caswell, she went to St Georges she said, some other names for you you might know the Beech's, Paul Slim, Susan Hewitt, Reggie, Carol and Alwin Phelps

your last name rings a bell but just cant remember, i will ask around the family tomorrow, i have put a photo on here of my nan on parents of parents, didnt know any of the other names u mentioned but let me have a think lol

your last name rings a bell but just cant remember, i will ask around the family tomorrow, i have put a photo on here of my nan on parents of parents, didnt know any of the other names u mentioned but let me have a think lol

I'll go and have a look, i have pics of my Nan and Grandad but don't know if you will remember them.. some of the Girls on the street were her bridesmaids...only pics my mom has are of them as kids in the courtyard out back, will try to get some copies and upload them when i can get my camera sorted, my nan may have better pics i'll raid her house at the weekend lol But you had my moms family, her dads family Isaac and Rose, (Rose delivered a few babies there i believe) George and his wife Nellie and Rose his little sister, My aunt Janet Price, Uncle Bill Martin and his kids and countless others i couldn't write them all down quick enough lol

Got your IM :)

any photos that yu have please please put on here we all love to see photos,

How do i add a pic?? I can put a pic of my moms wedding (my dad had a proper beatles thing going on you gotta love the 60's lol ) and my nans from St Mathius Church late 1930's.. I'll go look at that pic of your parents, my mom's having broadband issues so as soon as she is up and running she wants to get on here... she's a real technophobe, she can only turn a PC on play Spider Solitaire, so its going to be fun seeing her work this out lol lol

Back