• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Julie Walters book.

Charlie

GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN
This has been out for some time, but I've only just caught up with it.
"That's Another Story" the autobiography of Julie Walters follows her childhood at Bishopton Road, Smethwick (Bearwood), through to St. Pauls RC School in Edgbaston, Holly Lodge Grammar School, nursing at the QE and the General and on to her stage training and career in films and theatre. It's a really funny yet poignant book and well worth reading.

I have kept meaning to read this book and then forget about it again :rolleyes: so thanks for the reminder. Whenever I see Julie Walters being interviewed or read articles about her I always think how naturally funny she is. I shall look in the library today.
Polly :)

Read it, loved it but a couple of minor proof reading errors let it down just a little bit. Nonetheless a cracking read.

I have also read this book, and i thought what a good read it was. I enjoyed her down to earth upbringing, and her mom always wanting better for her, but the funniest extracts were of her granny who had Dementia eating her egg with the coal tongs. My mom also suffered Dementia and some of the things she did were so comical with out laughing at her and the sadness that goes with this illness. Also i liked the information about her mom & dad meeting in the LEE-BRIDGE TAVERN the pub my mom and dad used .

HI LIZY
I must go out and get this book and read it as i knew jules many years ago in our younger days
and a close friend of hers from the green we often met in the resturaunt down by the grove after and before going into the thearter along with billy wyman whom is an good old friend of mine from boy to man
i was wondering whether or not she would mention her association about and around the green the green
knowing jules she must mention the resteraunt as her favorite place for eating she was quite a dishes and bubly person in her younger days i may add and the bubbly personalitity
speak soon astonion ;

I started to read this book got quite a way through if but have put it to one side. It is a good read and I must get back to it.

Back