• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Josietrue

Astoness

TRUE BRUMMIE MODERATOR
Staff member
i am so upset at having to inform our members that dear josie has passed away..an avid follower of bhf and our meet ups josie will be missed greatly...i have just received this message from josies sister who is a member of this forum and i am sure she will not mind me quoting it...GOD BLESS YOU JOSIE..RIP...LYN XX

Hi Lyn. I'm not sure if you know but Josey passed away on November 24th. Josey had brain cancer and didn't want anybody to know ,only her immediate family. It has become as a big shock to us all as she was only ill for a few months. We didn't even have time to get used to things. Bless her she took her illness in her stride, she never complained she just got on with everyday life just the same as usual. Josey wasn't the type of person that liked sympathy she wanted to be treated as normal. We are all coming to terms with her death but as you could imagine she was such a big character she is greatly missed. Josey loved following the posts of the forum and I know that she had a high regard for Eric and his paintings. I will continue to try and follow in her footsteps but she had a lot more knowledge than me regarding the Birmingham area. I will do my best ... Happy New Year to you and all your other members.
Kind Regards from Eileen. (Josey's sister)

Last edited:
That is so sad and as you said, she will be really missed.
No more pain and we shall be looking towards the heavens to our special brummie star. R.I.P.

I am so shocked to hear this sad news about Josie, I met her a few times, such a lovely lady. God Bless Josie, RIP.
Lynne xx

Very sorry to hear this about soemone who was such a supporter and follower of the forum. May she rest in peace

So Sad and shocked to hear this dreadful and unexpected news, glad my paintings gave her some pleasure. MY very sincere condolences. Eric

On Behalf of our family I would like to thank you for your kid words. I am Joseys daughter Pauline.Mum loved this site and the members, I was looking through her posts last night and she learnt so much. It was here she found the church she was christened in and it was the church she wished her funeral to be held and of course it was. She wanted to go to her final resting place on a double decker bus (we couldn't do that) we got one for her mourners to follow her. When she and dad got married they were having photos taken and someone shouted the bus was coming and she ran and got on one and dad got on another
Mum met Carl Chinn and I informed him of her passing and he said this about her.
"She struck me a proper Brummie - down-to-earth, good humoured and
giving; as someone who was a battler, who took life's knocks and then dusted
herself down and got on with things again; and as a woman proud of her
family, her people and her city".
He couldn't of got it more right. Our hearts are broken but we all take comfort that she had so many people who held her in high regard.
Eric I have the painting that you painted for mum. It will forever stay in our family x

hello pauline..i am so glad that you have joined the forum to say a few words about your mom who i classed a friend...although still gutted at this news i would also like to say a few words...josie came to my house many times for a cuppa and good old brummie chat..thats when i could get a word in lol...she was larger than life itself...many times she told me of the story of her wedding day and the mess up with the buses after the service...if she could not make our forum meets ups she always dropped by to bring some raffle prizes and always gave me some money for her raffle tickets..a great supporter of our forum....the 1950s bus used for her funeral was so fitting for her...just as erics paintings gave her great joy i also take comfort that last year i was able to find over 40 photographs for her of aberdeen st where she lived and i put them onto a disc for her..she knew every nook and cranny of that street...like me she was an avid reader of history books and we used to swap books and never ending tales of the old days spent down the old end (we lived only a couple of streets away..she in wellesley st and me in villa st)...i dont think there is anyone on this forum who has not felt the loss of someone pauline but as i am sure your mom would have wanted you all to carry on...someone once told me at a time of loss.."look back but do not linger" this has helped me through some pretty tough times....my very best wishes to you and all the family for a good 2017..i have put fresh flowers in my living room this morning and lit 2 candles...one for your mom and i hope you dont mind me doing that and one for our dad who would have been 88 today..god bless all our great brummies

lyn xxx

Last edited:
So very, very shocked to hear this news. My heartfelt condolences to Josie's family.

A warm welcome Pauline. So glad you're joining us. As Lyn says, I'm sure Josie would be very pleased. Viv.

Welcome to the forum Pauline, my condolences to you on the loss of your mom, I hope you
grow to love the forum as much as your Mom did.

dan its no effort to speak kind words about such a lovely person

all the best

lyn

Back