• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Josiah Mason Orphanage

claire-brum71

master brummie
Does anyone know if they exist, where records for children who were placed in this Orphange are kept? I'm trying to help a distant relation who lives in Kent, her father and his brother were placed there in the 1940's, thier sister wasn't but was adopted out, not sure if she knew so not sure whether we should dig up that can of worms, but we thought maybe if the childrens records were available it may mention something in them that may help find her, thanks a lot Claire :)

Claire,
I have sent you an IM.
Hello Rowan,
I just came across this message feed as i was looking for information on my mothers past, specifically details on when she was in Josiah Masons orphanage, and noticed that you may have been able to help Claire find similar information. If you are able to help source this information, i would be very grateful if you could point me in the right direction. Many Thanks, Stuart

Back