• Welcome to this forum Guest. We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Joseph John Chidwick

Trevor Taplin

proper brummie kid
Hi. I am trying to trace back from my grandfather Joseph John Chidwick born 1881 in Dover (I think but certainly Kent). He died in 1973. I am trying to trace his father and mother - my great grandparents called John Chidwick (a cavalry officer) and Catherine (nee Sanchez) who was Spanish - think they met in Gibralter and maybe married there. So I know about my grandfather but no details of his parents and further back, or my grandfather's brothers and sisters.

Alberta

Super Moderator
Staff member
Cheeky request Trevor but nice to see you on here again.(Trevor is GGJeans cousin)
If you want any requests that do not relate to Brum any of our researchers will be only too happy to help if you PM them as Chris has shown.

Trevor Taplin

proper brummie kid
Cheeky request Trevor but nice to see you on here again.(Trevor is GGJeans cousin)
If you want any requests that do not relate to Brum any of our researchers will be only too happy to help if you PM them as Chris has shown.
Sorry yes. I have been made redundant recently and being 63 it is really early retirement. I have some details of the Taplins on my dad's side going back to the mid 1800's so far, but my mother side is Kent have started looking for her tree so I have both parents. Of course I have the time to do it all now :)

Trevor Taplin

proper brummie kid
Hi Jean. Yes as you may have seen I have plenty of time now. I have received help already on my mothers 'Chidwick' side. I think I will have to look for a site that provides search options back to source documents etc - can't keep relying on the good will of others. Do you use one or could recommend?

trev x

Trevor Taplin

proper brummie kid
OK thanks. The member above Pomgolian has done wonders already and has me back to great great grandfather born 1807 and has not finished yet. Looks like I will get a hook to one of my cousins on mums side as well who has looked into the family

G G Jean

Brummy Wench.
Thanks Pom for your help. I went to visit my friend Sandra off the forum last week and she is on Ancestry.com Trevor. Only just got home from the van. Jean.

Trevor Taplin

proper brummie kid
I think I will have to join up to Ancestry later into the winter when I can get full value for money. I have many other things as well while the weather is reasonable and would not do the membership justice. Pom has given me a very good start though on my mum's Chidwick tree. The Taplin's go back into the late 1700's for me so far an I think it will be parish records going back further so may be trip to your neck of the woods needed :).