• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

JOSEPH and MARY TURNER...

NIGEL TURNER

knowlegable brummie
Good afternoon everyone, hope alls well and keeping safe with this storm, im hoping to find out a little more about the above named, so I can trace further my family tree, im now aware they had a son JOHN PATRICK TURNER, not to sure if there were any others as well.......Id like to know about Joseph and mary, dob, where they were born and maybe their parents also, anything would be greatfully received, as so far this forum has been valuable to me....thanks everyone

I think we need a little more info. What time frame? When was John Patrick Turner born?

I think we need a little more info. What time frame? When was John Patrick Turner born?
Afternoon MWS and thanks for replying, im sure it was 1892 ish JOHN PATRICK was born....its probably about right as I was sent a photo of the Troops in 1914 of the B company Black watch before they went to the front in October

Ok, I've found a John Turner registered Mar 1893 (matches dob), son of a Joseph Turner and a Mary Carl.

No middle name is listed but there's no John Patrick listed. I assume it's Bham.

Ok, I've found a John Turner registered Mar 1893 (matches dob), son of a Joseph Turner and a Mary Carl.

No middle name is listed but there's no John Patrick listed. I assume it's Bham.
Thanks MWS, I ve just been searching for the certificate and found it....yes it does say JOHN.....Mary CARL or CANE....writings a bit awkward to decipher, dob...Dec 29 th 1892, there s an address as house 10, court 5 pincip street....birth registered on the 3 rd Feb 1893 hope this is more info

New John St in 1891 and New Summer Street in 1901. Same area as Princip St.

Possible other children (bold appear to die young) - Elizabeth 1891, Mary 1894, Joseph 1896, Ellen 1897, Elsie May 1899, Richard & Thomas 1900, Edward 1901, George 1903, Catherine 1904, Ann 1905, James Frederick 1907, Lilian Cecilia 1908, Catherine 1910, Thomas 1911 & Albert 1911

New John St in 1891 and New Summer Street in 1901. Same area as Princip St.

Possible other children (bold appear to die young) - Elizabeth 1891, Mary 1894, Joseph 1896, Ellen 1897, Elsie May 1899, Richard & Thomas 1900, Edward 1901, George 1903, Catherine 1904, Ann 1905, James Frederick 1907, Lilian Cecilia 1908, Catherine 1910, Thomas 1911 & Albert 1911
Thank you so much MWS.......something else for me to chase on and hopefully more closure really appreciate this and for your time

hi nigel we have sections for most topics so its always a good idea to scroll down the main page before starting a new thread to look for a more appropriate place to post so i have moved your thread to the surname interest section...good luck with the research

lyn

hi nigel we have sections for most topics so its always a good idea to scroll down the main page before starting a new thread to look for a more appropriate place to post so i have moved your thread to the surname interest section...good luck with the research

lyn
Thanks Lyn......will check now..

Back