• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Jones family

susan garside

Brummie babby
I am researching my husband's family. His great-grandad was called William Henry Jones and his father was John Joseph Jones. William married Martha Bedford in 1884 at Christ Church, Sparkbrook. It says on the certificate that he was 23 and a Painter and lived in Ladypool Lane and that John Joseph was deceased by this time. I have information about William after his marriage but because there are so many William and John Jones it's difficult to pin them down before this. Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks
Sue Garside:)

i wonder whether this could be the one for you in 1881 living in greenway st. aston

william jones lodger unmarried 21 house painter b. aston bham

he was lodging with samuel and mary a till

just going on the "painter" as a clue.

in 1861 there is this family living regents park aston bham

john jones 45 metal dealer agent b. burton westmorland
annie 25 b. burton westmorland
william h 1 b. aston bham.

theres a death record for john joseph jones 1876 jan-mar aston 6d 182

(born abt 1819) which is close to the age of the john jones in the 1861 census.

Hello Shera
Thanks for your efforts so far. IF this is my John in 1861 and he then dies in 1876 it would be good to find out where he is in 1871. Also it might be worth me sending for John Joseph' death certificate in case the informant's name is his son William. best wishes
sue g

yes its a very big IF. trouble is i havent been able to find any of them in 1871 so its hard to check it out :shifty:

I am researching my husband's family. His great-grandad was called William Henry Jones and his father was John Joseph Jones. William married Martha Bedford in 1884 at Christ Church, Sparkbrook. It says on the certificate that he was 23 and a Painter and lived in Ladypool Lane and that John Joseph was deceased by this time. I have information about William after his marriage but because there are so many William and John Jones it's difficult to pin them down before this. Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks
Hello Shera
Thanks for your efforts so far. IF this is my John in 1861 and he then dies in 1876 it would be good to find out where he is in 1871. Also it might be worth me sending for John Joseph' death certificate in case the informant's name is his son William. best wishes
sue g
My great great grandfather was called William jones and came from ladypool rd unsure if this is the same family h/ever they had a fruit and veg shop at 22 Alfred st which was on corner of ladypool Rd.

My great great grandfather was called William jones and came from ladypool rd unsure if this is the same family h/ever they had a fruit and veg shop at 22 Alfred st which was on corner of ladypool Rd.
H
Thanks
Ps. My grandad was Walter Joseph jones

Back