• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Johnson Harry and Gertrude Electral look up please

sheri

master brummie
In 1911 my grandparents lived at 13 House, Court 17 Watery Lane, Small Heath. They were Harry and Gertrude Sophia Johnson. I've looked but can't trace them after 1911. I was wondering if the numbers changed? Harry died in 1917 so Gertrude would have been there on her own with her children. At some point in the early 20's she married Harry (Harold) Priddy (can't find their marriage date either). I wondered if someone could look them up please.
Many thanks,
Sheri

1920-1922 at 192 Watery Lane
Gertrude Sophia Johnson

Marriages Mar 1924
Gertrude S Johnson married John Priddey Aston 6d 638

1925-1930 at 192 Watery Lane
Gertrude Sophia, John Priddey

Deaths Mar 1931
Gertrude S Priddey aged 45 Birmingham S. 6d 5

Hi Ladylinda,
Thank you so much - that's exactly the info I needed. No wonder I couldn't find the marriage with 'Mr Priddy' - as Gertrude's children always called him (my mother hated him!!) I always thought his name was Harry - when Gertrude died her 3 children had to leave their home - I presume Mr Priddy stayed there.
Anyway thank you again,
Sheri

Back