• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

John William Payton

Catsclaws

master brummie
Hi can any one help me find out anything about my grandad .

John William Payton ?

Ihave found this out so far but cant find him in births ?

John William Payton Death was registered 3rd quarter 1937, aged 48
Sarah Smith Rhodes Death death registered 3Q 1964 aged 72
Marriage registered for Sarah Smith and John W. Payton in Aston, 3rd quarter 1915 vol 6d page 1006

Grandad John was some sort of council refuse burner .. he had some sort of accident with the furness door and came home and died .
Him and Sarah lived in and around Aston and Bordesley Green and possibly 59 Floodgate Street . They had a load of kids .. Annie , Sissy , Thomas ( jack) , Lilley, Violet and Harry (my dad)

Here is a piccy of him and another piccy of his kids .. can anyone please help me as Im stuck :(
Many thanks Jean

Could this be him?
John William Payton, birth registered 2nd quarter 1888 at Dudley, volume 6c page 126

Thanks :) Ill have a look .. I dont know as .. No one talked about him in the family :( he was long dead before I was born hun .. its very odd isnt it .. that my dad had no aunts and uncles on his side ?
Jean xx

Back