• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

John william hadley

Vixen

master brummie
Hi everyone
Does anyone here know of a relative who knew John william hadley dob 6th Dec 1892 but registered 1894 mmn Portlock.

John was married 1915 to May E Johns. He came from Aston, Birmingham and was an electric crane driver. He was the father of my grandad George Hadley born 1924. He had other children including Edna Vera Hadley, Percy Ernest Hadley, John william Hadley, May Matilda Hadley.

In 1939 he lived at 128 bendall road Birmingham. If anyone knew anyone who knew him, perhaps even has a photo of him and his wife May, I'd be thrilled to hear from you. I don't know if any newspaper cuttings exist but would be great to find more about him. Thanks all.

He was probably born 6 Dec 1893 with the 1939 register being wrong.

This date would ok for the birth registration and the age given on death registration. Also the birth for his brother Arthur John was registered Jun qtr 1892 and, even if he was born Feb, it would make John William's birth in Dec 1892 unlikely.

He was probably born 6 Dec 1893 with the 1939 register being wrong.

This date would ok for the birth registration and the age given on death registration. Also the birth for his brother Arthur John was registered Jun qtr 1892 and, even if he was born Feb, it would make John William's birth in Dec 1892 unlikely.
Yes I have wondered if the birth date should have read 1893. it definately lists 6th Dec as a precise date.

Back