• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

John walsh walsh

carolina

master brummie
Birmingham Mail.jpg

Through Ted rudge's site I have been able to find a cousin still alive at 85. I visited yesterday and he gave me some really interesting photos. This one is of John Walsh Walsh who made fine cut glass in Lodge Road, Winson Green. The piece was written by Carl Chinn which was in the Evening Mail on Saturday 29 February 1999. Both my cousin Edwin and his father Edwin worked there, the picture shown is Edwin the elder, who was my mother's brother Edwin Timmins at work. He is the one with his hands on his hip.

Back