• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

John Taylor partner of Lloyd (bank)

sheri

master brummie
Hi everyone, Not sure if I'm in the right place. I was looking at the thread on B'ham's oldest house and the connection with the Lloyd of Lloyds Bank. Then, can't remember the site, I came across his partner was button manufacturer John Taylor. As I have John Taylor's in my family(several), I thought I'd look them up on family search as there maybe a tenuous connection. I found John Taylor b. 1711 - d. 1775 married Mary Baker b.
1734 ? St. Martins. She was b. 1715 Bordsley 1715.
His father was Jonathan Taylor b. about 1683 St. Martins
m. Rebecca Kettle b. Bordsley
children: Rebecca c. March 1703 St Martins
Ann C. Nov. 1707 " "
Mary c. march 1708 " "
John 1711 " "
I also have another John Taylor c. 1720 St. Phillips ? button one' son?
I wonder if someone who has acces to ST. Martins Parish records could look them up. I would be very grateful as it would be something quite exciting to tell my family. Thank you for your help.
Sheri
Got to go and get my grandsons from school now. Hope I haven't rambled too much.

Hi everyone, Not sure if I'm in the right place. I was looking at the thread on B'ham's oldest house and the connection with the Lloyd of Lloyds Bank. Then, can't remember the site, I came across his partner was button manufacturer John Taylor. As I have John Taylor's in my family(several), I thought I'd look them up on family search as there maybe a tenuous connection. I found John Taylor b. 1711 - d. 1775 married Mary Baker b.
1734 ? St. Martins. She was b. 1715 Bordsley 1715.
His father was Jonathan Taylor b. about 1683 St. Martins
m. Rebecca Kettle b. Bordsley
children: Rebecca c. March 1703 St Martins
Ann C. Nov. 1707 " "
Mary c. march 1708 " "
John 1711 " "
I also have another John Taylor c. 1720 St. Phillips ? button one' son?
I wonder if someone who has acces to ST. Martins Parish records could look them up. I would be very grateful as it would be something quite exciting to tell my family. Thank you for your help.
Sheri
Got to go and get my grandsons from school now. Hope I haven't rambled too much.

He and a few of the great and the good of Brum subscribed to a canal that was never built see attachments in 1793

Hi Bammot, thank you for your reply. It seems that this John Taylor had a lot of fingers in various pies - interesting man. I've got a lot of JT in my family and I'm trying to see if he is part of it. They were all around Bordsley/Small Heath for a long long time.
Sheri

Hi Bammot, thank you for your reply. It seems that this John Taylor had a lot of fingers in various pies - interesting man. I've got a lot of JT in my family and I'm trying to see if he is part of it. They were all around Bordsley/Small Heath for a long long time.
Sheri

All are from the 1770 Brum Directory

Hi Bammot, Thank you so much for those postings - it was very interesting to see what was being made and sold in that area - I loved the peruke maker. Where did you get that info - was it from a Kelly's? It was very kind of you.
Sheri

Hi Bammot, Thank you so much for those postings - it was very interesting to see what was being made and sold in that area - I loved the peruke maker. Where did you get that info - was it from a Kelly's? It was very kind of you.
Sheri

From this it is a copy of a copy

Back