• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

John & Mary Edwards Graves St Philips Church

Kerry Edwards

Hello from Canberra,

My 4Xggf John Edwards who died 21 Aug 1822 is I believe buried in St Philip's Churchyard (is there such a graveyard?) his wife Mary nee Plimley who died 13 Mar 1827 is also buried there. Can anyone help and tell me if their graves are there or where they may be buried, and if in any shape can a photo of them be taken? They lived in High Street and their son Henry was a silversmith, and daughter Elizabeth married William Hall 'toymaker'. My 3xggf was Lt. Col John Edwards late of the 80th Foot Regiment who died in Madras, India in 1817.

Any help appreciated about anything on this family.

Many thanks

Kerry Edwards
Canberra

Thank you Morturn. I asked TIC! Thanks for the link I'll look through it. Are the original registers for Baptisms, MArriages and Burial held at the Cathedral?

Some are on Ancestry so I will look for you but burials simply record the fact - they do not give grave plots. I will look later if you like.

Most of the gravestones at St. Philip's have been removed, it was laid out with lawns some years ago, unfortunately.
rosie.

I have included the first entry so you get the headings as well.

Attachments

• John edwards burial.JPG
    John edwards burial.JPG
    82.4 KB · Views: 10
The quality of the entry for Mary is not good.
I think the originals are at Birmingham Library in the archives and contacting them may result in a clearer copy.

Attachments

• Mary Edwards burial.JPG
    Mary Edwards burial.JPG
    41 KB · Views: 8
This is likely to be the marriage of Elizabeth to William Hall. Records that far back do not give much info. 17 April 1811 so 210 years ago today.

Attachments

• Elizabeth marriage.JPG
    Elizabeth marriage.JPG
    65.2 KB · Views: 8
Back