• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

John Dallow Builders

skellyele

proper brummie kid
Looking for any information on John Dallow buliders possibly from the Wolverhampton / Black Country area.

Thank you so much i am just trying to trace some of my mothers family she is soon to be 89 and keeps saying when the time comes to go she first needs to know where she came from.

From kellys
1880 John Dallow , builders Blackheath, Rowley Regis
1900 John Dallow & Sons, builders, 4 High St West Bromwich
1900 John Dallow, builders, 1 Derby St, Blackheath, Dudley
1904 John Dallow & Sons, 4 High street, West Bromwich & Black Hth.B'ham
1924 Dallow John & Sons, John street,
Black Heath, Birmingham & Addenbrooke street, Darlaston & High St West Bromwich

This plaque can still be found in the Haliburton House (formally known as the Kenrick Building) in West Bromwich.
It will be ripped out when the conversion takes place. There is some grand architecture and lots of gothic victorian features.
A grand 3 story victorian office and warehouse building the headquarters of Archibald Kenrick & Sons.

(The picture of the plaque is too large for me to post on here. It would be good if there was another way)

This plaque can still be found in the Haliburton House (formally known as the Kenrick Building) in West Bromwich.
It will be ripped out when the conversion takes place. There is some grand architecture and lots of gothic victorian features.
A grand 3 story victorian office and warehouse building the headquarters of Archibald Kenrick & Sons.

(The picture of the plaque is too large for me to post on here. It would be good if there was another way)
Hello,

I'd be really interested in seeing this photo if you could find a way to share it. John Dallow Snr who started the building company was my great great grandfather. I was aware that they built many pubs, banks, churches and municipal buildings in and around Birmingham, but I'm always interested to discover more about what they did.

Julia

Hi Faz Y, if you locate the file in explorer, right click and open in 'Photos', there are 3 dots in the top right-hand corner, this gives the option to resize. Hope this helps.

Back