• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Wishton Joan

shirley meah

Brummie babby
Trying to trace my half sister born about 19555-1962. Lived at 8/276 summer lane, Aston. Mother was Dorothy Meah (now deceased) and her baby girl was adopted by a member of Joan Wishtons family. I think she was registered as first name Valerie but this may be different now. Joan lived 3 doors up the yard from us. Any help appreciated.

There are a number of websites you can search for births etc. It was a reasonable guess with the info you provided. The more information there is the easier it is.

Electoral rolls are available up to the 60s, not all years though. Can't see a Wishton or anything similar.

I couldn't see a connection to Summer Lane for John & Lily Wishton. In 1939 they are at Whitecroft Road (listed as Whitson) and I think in the 60s they are at Deykin Avenue (John has possibly re-married after Lily's death in 1951).

Admittedly there are a lot of missing years.

Back