• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Links : Jewellery Quarter Research Group (now Trust) site

Thanks for the link Wendy, it is indeed very interesting !! I especially like the MI's section and all the information therein..how I wish there was something like that available for Yardley !! Those that have done all the work recording all the information have my utmost admiration !!

Hereis a link to a very interesting site if you have an interest in the JQ and especially the cemeteries.

https://www.jqrg.org/

Great link Wendy. Some interesting info on there. AND I've just done a few searches and I think I might have found a couple of my ancestors. What a result :D Many thanks. Viv.

That's great news Viv if you need any more help let me know.

Love the site Wendy, thanks for letting us know about it.
I too have found family connections.
I contacted the site as I was having trouble opening them.
Real senior moment !!!

I was contacted really quickly and found the gentleman to be very undestanding.

Derek

As you all know my quest is to reunite people with their lost family resting places. I am so glad people like Richard and Brian do what they do because without their commitment this would not happen.

I always feel a thrill when someone tells me they have located a family grave.

Keep looking folks it makes my day...xx

What a great site Wendy thanks for posting it. Very interesting viewing it would be lovely to find a ancestor that would be a bonus.

Hi Wendy I thought I would just post to tell you I got a bonus I found George and Maria Bowen nee Rudd and their young son William Wallace Bowen also maria's parents So thank you for that link it was so exciting to read about them

Wendy I would love a photo of the graves if you would have time to take one for me. The number for the Bowen family is K 700 and the Rudd family is
P 72 thank you for your help

Wendy I would love a photo of the graves if you would have time to take one for me. The number for the Bowen family is K 700 and the Rudd family is
P 72 thank you for your help

I will ask Brian if he will photograph K 700 for you.
Unfortunately P72 is yet another buried memorial like my family grave. If you remember I had mine excavated and re instated at a cost. The reason we have the inscription it was taken down in the 1960's I assume before it was covered up. We think this was done for maintenance reasons so it was easy to cut the grass. If you or your family would like it raised contact Brian for advise.

Hi Dottie, I wasn't going to Kh this week now, catching up at home, but will try and pop over later this pm and see K700.
P72, is buried, like Wendy's was. We have 3 uncovered at present awaiting the stonemaons return to lift them and reset at surface level - £180 + Vat approx.

We will need to probe fist, see if we hit solid or bits, than put in a form to handsworth to allow us to excavate - we have 1 waiting for excavataion - to be done next week.

Once we do that we can see how many pieces it is in.

Handsworth are getting concerned that we have several holes open at present - noy our fault the Stonemasons are busy!!!!! - She still wanted us to dig our big Flower Bed 'ole for though!!!!!

Hi Dottie,

Missus was meeting a former colleauge in town this morning, so I kindly gave her a lift - saves her showing her oap bus pass!
- and of course, I came back via KH K700!
They are right next to J H Chamberlain - architect - and just down from the Chamberlains and Oslers!

View attachment 69020 J H Chamberlain is the upright white one next door.

View attachment 69021 Joseph Chamberlain and his first 2 wives are the darker one to the left of the upright wooden stake. The Osler's are the white on the right of the stake, and Joe's dad is the white one before the Osler's.

Very fine company indeed !

What a great site and lovely to see people finding their families and then being able to see pics of the graves.
Thanks Wendy andBrian!!
Sue

Brian thank you so much for taking the photos for me I really truly appreciate it. Wendy and Brian you are both amazing finding the time to help find the resting places of our families. I will treasure these pictures.

Wow Brian that is fine company I am impressed. George and his brother Jonas Bowen were electroplater manufacturers it looks as if most of the family were in this industry in the early 1800. Thanks once again I just love my photos. As much as I would love to raise the other grave I am not in a financial position to do so.

It's lovely Dottieau and the Bowen's are indeed in excellent company with the Chamberlains, Kenricks etc!

We do understand not eveyone has the funds to restore graves thats why we fund raise to try and help.

When I looked into having my family grave lifted I contacted all family related to them. I had a fantastic response from some family I had never met and as far away as Canada. We all chipped in and it didn't cost that much in the end. If you can let as many people as you can know you have located the grave...you never know a benefactor can sometimes come to light.

Back