• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Jewellers Arms

cookie273uk

master brummie
normal_Jewellers_Arms.JPG
A painting to remind me of a very enjoyable visit to this fine pub. In retrospect I'm not happy with the windows but do like the subject so will have another go ( sometimes the first attempt is not always successful}, will donate it to our next raffle whenever and where ever that will be. I had forgot my camera on our visit, so have got this reference from Google Earth Street View, theres a lazy (but inventive) artist for you.:) Eric

Last edited:
A painting to remind me of a very enjoyable visit to this fine pub. In retrospect I'm not happy with the windows but do like the subject so will have another go ( sometimes the first attempt is not always successful}, will donate it to our next raffle whenever and where ever that will be. I had forgot my camera on our visit, so have got this reference from Google Earth Street View, theres a lazy (but inventive) artist for you.:) Eric

Wonderful painting Eric I will offer you £20 for your first attempt

perfect eric..just perfect...i love the little touch of the car in the car park:)

lyn

Sorry Don and I couldn't be there, we were in Scouseland, and everything was very "last minute" coz No1 son wasn't sure he could get time off from the restaurant. I LOVE the Jewellers Arms as well - also love your painting of it Eric.

I love this pub to sorry couldn't make it as we were away. The painting is lovely Eric another masterpiece from Brum...

Is the arms still going? When a student in 71 I had a summer job with a local firm and on Friday we would drink most of our wages in there... hic.

I'm going back to brum in the new year for a few days, not been in a long time and I'll drop in for a pint. When my wife was a student she worked part time in a pub nearby, I think it was the Vine? Old Victorian pub with original tiles. Lunch time it was packed to capacity but by night there would often just be me and her sitting there. Is the Old Moseley Arms still going?

Back