• Welcome to this forum Guest. We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Jerome Photographers, Birmingham

oldMohawk

master brummie
I've never seen a photo fully showing Jeromes but have seen partial views of it behind trams or buses and here is a post with a partial view but date unknown.

Radiorails

master brummie
The link - very comprehensive - in post 5 gives far more information about Jeromes than recorded here. They were an international company, however, little about the Birmingham Branch is mentioned. No photos of it. In the early days it seems they were at 42 Bull Street, then (recorded in Kellys in 1940) as being at 34 Martineau Street. They merged with Bennett's in 1962.

There is a link to Sospiri (Maurice on the web site but it did not work.

Last edited:

sospiri

Ex-pat Brummie
Alan,

"There is a link to Sospiri (Maurice on the web site but it did not work." In your post #22, to what link does this refer?

Maurice :cool:

sospiri

Ex-pat Brummie
Alan,

I've now added the relevant Winding-Up Notices to Post #8 of this thread and I will now drop that site a line. Thanks. [EDIT]

Maurice :cool:

Last edited: