• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Jeremy Brett

Re; education. Balsall Common was probably at the local CoE primary school which still exists today although the buildings have been changed and a swimming pool added.
Abberley Hall Prep school is in Abberley Worcestershire and caters for pupils from 2 to 13. Boarding is from age 8.

I didn't know that - interesting!
I loved his Sherlock Holmes.

Yes, his Holmes was very eccentric and strange. I didn't know about the bi-polar disorder, and he seems to have had a difficult life in many ways.

We're currently watching him in "Rebecca" (only available on YouTube), which is what made me look him up.

Jeremy Brett was in the musical "Robert and Elizabeth" where he played Robert Browning alongside Sally Anne Howes as Elizabeth Barrett. It was held at the Yvonne Arnaud Theatre, Guildford, in December 1976. A photograph of the two of them is still on the staircase at the theatre. Dave

IMG_20161031_131549857 (2).jpg

Last edited:
Back