• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Jennings of Parliament St

In 1911 at 34a Parliament Street.
Elizabeth Jennings age 39 assisting in coal business
William Ernest 14
Annie victoria 10
Elsie may 5
elizabeth 4

Elizabeth age 39 was Emma elizabeth James who married George william frederick Jennings in
George Wm F jennings b 1871 to George and Sarah
In 1911 George called William is in Bidford an Avon with his parents , brother Thomas and sister in law
In 1901 George and Elizabeth lived in Lennox Street.

George W F Jennings died in 1948 and his address was given as 84a Parliament Street perhaps someone misread the 3 for an 8.

No....The house / yard faced Burlington Street......you could say it was half way between Park Lane and Upper Webster Street......That would be number 34a.....There wasn't a number 84a....the last house number was 62.....

George William Frederick Jennings was living alone at 34a Parliament St. in 1939, Emma Elizabeth died in 1922.

Hi Mike
Many thanks for putting the map up i knew it was 34 a parliment street i have all the old info from our old bhf site before stating this one of the conncections best wishes and thanks again Alan, Astonian;;;;;;;

I remember Jennings, they used to hire out basket carriages and handcarts. Another line was charging batteries for the old style radios - I think it was sixpence a time. We had electric radio but I often went with my friends.

I am related to the Jennings of parliament st, I do believe my grandmother lily Jennings ran the yard for a while with my great grandfather George w.f.jennings. I am trying to find out more history on my grandfather's side, my grandfather's name was Frank William Adams, whom married lily Jennings in 1939.

Lily Jennings married Frank Adams in 1937.
Frank William Adams b August 1916 mother Hardy, was the son of Hubert William Adams and Edith Hardy who married in first qtr of 1916.
1939 census
11 Gladstone Place , Asylum road, Birmingham.
Hubert W Adams b 2nd April 1892 Public works labourer status married
Amy Ingram b 22nd May 1895 Charlady status married.
Frank Adams b 29th august 1916 Aircraft fitter status married
Lily Adams b 30th March 1916 status married

I cannot find Edith Adams after her marriage.

That's where I got a bit confused on ancestry it says Frank William Adams father could also be Herbert Adams or Hubert?

Hi Mike
Many thanks for putting the map up i knew it was 34 a parliment street i have all the old info from our old bhf site before stating this one of the conncections best wishes and thanks again Alan, Astonian;;;;;;;
bit different now.

Attachments

• parliment st.png
    parliment st.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 20
Back