• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Jelfs Family

tewy76

Brummie babby
Hi, I'm trying to research my Grandmother's sisters family. Their name was Jelfs. My Grandmother's Sister was Fanny Taylor who married a James Jelfs on May 5th 1898 at St Thomas in the Moors. In 1911 they were living at 99, Grange Road, Kings Heath, Birmingham. I am aware they had 5 children; Elsie Ellen born 1899, John Henry born 1903, Earnest James born 1907, Leslie born 1911 and Arthur Stanley born in 1914. Arthur Stanley Jelfs died on the 14th July 1943 when his aeroplane was shot down over Holland during World War II, he was married to Claire or Clara Jelfs. Ernest James may have married Edith Agnes, they may have lived at 19 Alcester Road South and 43, Dulwich Road, Birmingham before he died on 21st September 1966. Leslie Jelfs may have been connected to 47, Mill lane? Fanny Jelfs may have passed away in December 1962 aged 85 but I haven't confirmed this yet! If anyone has any further information (however small) on this Jelfs family I would be extremely grateful. Thank you in advance, Jayne

Hi Jane
You will have to be. Careful with this one because we have a couple of James knocking around on this one especially with the jelfs
In the 1800, s there was a James held accountant at birch field rd six ways Aston and we have several Stanley's and a Ellen jelf
And most certainly a carol held whom divorced James jelf. I am
And I am. Part of the jelfs tree and my mother was a jelf. I look forward to seeing and hearing from in the near future
Incidently there was a leselie held as well I watch with great interest I have seen some records with Taylor and jelfs
Best wishes astonian,,,,,,,,

Hi Jane
You will have to be. Careful with this one because we have a couple of James knocking around on this one especially with the jelfs
In the 1800, s there was a James held accountant at birch field rd six ways Aston and we have several Stanley's and a Ellen jelf
And most certainly a carol held whom divorced James jelf. I am
And I am. Part of the jelfs tree and my mother was a jelf. I look forward to seeing and hearing from in the near future
Incidently there was a leselie held as well I watch with great interest I have seen some records with Taylor and jelfs
Best wishes astonian,,,,,,,,
Thank you very much Astonian for your information, I will certainly be careful. As I mentioned in my post I'm certain of some things but not others. James Jelfs on the marriage certificate was a railway labourer and they lived at 147 Mary Street. In 1901 James was a corporation road labourer and they lived at Silver Street no 11. James was born in Bretforton, Evesham in approx 1876. Thank you very much for posting. Jayne

Back