• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

jelf samuel ofworc

Astonian

gone but not forgotten
Hi Everybody
I Am Trying To Trace A Mr Samuel Jelf Whom Was Born In Worc 1801
It Could Have Been Martley , And Lived In Wichemford
Which I Do Know ,he Had The 4o Acres Of Farm Land And A Shop
In Wichemford
Samuel Jelf Was Born In 1801 ,and He Died In Martley Worcestshire
In 1889
If Anybody Could Spare Any Time I Would Really Appreciate This
Favour
Have A Nice Day Everybody And Best Wishes To You All
Astonian

1861 census. Is this him?

Samuel JelfAge:27 Estimated Birth Year:abt 1834Relation:Son Father's Name:SamuelMother's Name:ElizaGender:MaleWhere born:Wichenford, Worcestershire, EnglandCivil Parish:Martley County/Island:Worcestershire Country:England Street address:

Condition as to marriage:
bracket.png

View Image
Registration district:Martley Sub-registration district:Martley ED, institution, or vessel:2 Neighbors:View others on page Household schedule number:72Household Members:NameAgeEliza Jelf39 Emma Jelf10 Samuel Jelf50 Samuel Jelf27 Sarah Jelf12

Samuel Jelf Of Worc

Hi Mrs T
How Are You Keeping Fine I Hope I,ve Been Following Some Of Your Threads, Great Stuff Glad You Came On Board And Joined The Family
Many , Many Thanks For Your Fast Return Search For Me
On My Family I Did,nt Expect To Hear From Anybody For A Couple Of Days , [ Brilliant ] Can,t Thank You Enough
Youhave Made My Day , I,m Really Chuffed .
Enjoy The Rest Of Your Day ,will Speak Again Soon ,
And Keep Your Threads Coming In
Best Wishes Astonian ,

1871. Is this him married I wonder?

Samuel JelfAge:36 Estimated Birth Year:abt 1835 Relation:Head Spouse's Name:EstherGender:MaleWhere born:Wichenford, Worcestershire, EnglandCivil Parish:Wichenford County/Island:Worcestershire Country:England Street address:

Condition as to marriage:

Disability:
bracket.png

View Image
Registration district:MartleySub-registration district:HoltED, institution, or vessel:9Neighbors:View others on page Household schedule number:41Household Members:NameAgeEliza Jelf1 Esther Jelf30 Esther Jelf4 Samuel Jelf36 Samuel Jelf7 Sarah M Jelf6 William Jelf5 months View
Original
Record

View original image
View

Hi Everybody
I Am Trying To Trace A Mr Samuel Jelf Whom Was Born In Worc 1801
It Could Have Been Martley , And Lived In Wichemford
Which I Do Know ,he Had The 4o Acres Of Farm Land And A Shop
In Wichemford
Samuel Jelf Was Born In 1801 ,and He Died In Martley Worcestshire
In 1889
If Anybody Could Spare Any Time I Would Really Appreciate This
Favour
Have A Nice Day Everybody And Best Wishes To You All
Astonian

Hello - in case someone has taken this research on, I am pretty sure I am a direct relation to the Samuel Jelf being searched for. Though the birth date is different (1811), he owned the land concerned as was a farmer/landowner in Wichenford according to my research. He married an Eliza Collins (1813-1884) with children Samuel, Sarah, Emma and William. Samuel is my 4th great grandfather. My name is Matthew Jelf. I too am looking for more info about this Samuel. I have a photo of Samuel Jelf (1863-1944) - Samuel’s great grandson (attached)

[email protected]
Grew up in Bristol. Trained in York. Living Brighton.

Attachments

• 1E5B690C-FA31-420D-9F97-EDB966492A99.png
    1E5B690C-FA31-420D-9F97-EDB966492A99.png
    645.2 KB · Views: 8
Back