• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Jeffs Family

Sharonirene

Brummie babby
Hi I'm looking for information about my Grandmother's family. She was Philipine Alexandra Irene Jeffs. She lived with her brothers and her father Alfred in the Northfield area. Nans Mother left the family so her Dad brought them up. He worked at The Austin motor company.

Any time frame? What years? Any addresses/road names? Brother's names? Ages/Birth years/places of Birth [of any of them]?

You haven't really given anyone much to work with have you?:courage:

Birth registered for Philipine Alexandra I Jeffs, Jun qtr 1908 Rugby, freeBMD.

Marriage for Alfred Frank Jeffs and Gertrude Lily Wilkes registered Jun qtr 1902 Coventry, freeBMD.

Alfred Frank Jeffs baptised 25 April 1880 at St Matthew, Rugby, parents Alfred Inkerman and Jane Jeffs, familysearch.

Alfred Inkerman Jeffs birth registered Jun qtr 1855 Daventry.

Alfred Inkerman Jeffs married Jane Shaw 11 Jun 1878, Dunchurch.

Apart from Alfred Frank they had Frederick James Halesworth 1879, Percy Newman 1882, Lilian May 1886, Philip Harold 1887, all baptised St Matthew Rugby.

Time frame, should think from about 1912 through to the 1940s. I think they lived on or near Tessall Lane at one point. Not sure how many brothers she had but remember her mentioning a Percy, Fred and Alf.

Thank you Journeyman. My Nan was born in Rugby so these are the right people, this is very interesting, thanks again:adoration:

Hi Sharon Irene

There is ajeff family whom are in the finance business whom are or was from the Solihull direction it could be out side of Solihull
It may be knowledge out that direction they have been going for years they are of a good standing business and of people good and honest
No bounders or crooked ness straight ASA die as one says I had met the guy many years ago and I know he or the family are still operational
As my daughters family see him every week and as for many years now he comes it may be a sibbling just thought I would throw that bit in
Towards you're
Researching best wishes astonian,,,,,,,

Thank you astonian, that's worth knowing and could well be connected to the Jeffs family I am researching, a good lead to follow up:biggrin:

sharonirene
good morning sharon only to glad to help if i recall the oldest member it was brian jeffs finnance and money lendig i beleive they have got a boat
i will be speaking with my daughter tomorrow and i am visting her as its her birthday tommorrow
and her friend and her family are long time friends with the jeffs family whom is stil in touch
as i say i think it was brian the senior one he must be getting on now any way best wishes and i will come back to you one way or another to let
you know if she can fill me in best wishes Astonian;;

Back