• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Jane Norton nee plant - burial needed.

Joan

LancashireBrummieRoots
I am trying to find the burial in Birmingham of Jane Norton for the date of
20 November 1823.She was Born c.1775.

According to her family information she was buried in Whittall Street Churchyard.

Birmingham Library Archives have the Whittall Street burials, but no-one there to do a search of them.

The Burial records are viewable on a machine.
I live too far away to get there - has anyone got any suggestions please ?

Regards, her g.g.grand-daughter Joan.

Jane Norton, wife of John Norton was buried in 1823 St. Mary’s Churchyard Whittall Street, Birmingham.
Coffins from St.Mary’s Church, Whittall Street Birmingham were moved to this Cemetary in Warstone Lane, in 1920 when the Church was demolished.

Thanks Colin, but even if the family had a Monumental Stone it probably is ell gone now.

I have checked the indexes I have for Warstone Lane but sadly no information about Jane Norton or re burials from St Mary's.

St Mary's was demolished and the western half of the burial ground was sold to the General Hospital in 1927. The coffins were removed to Witton Cemetery. The coffins in eastern section of the grave yard, some 2,479, were removed in 1952-53, in preparation for the construction of the inner ring road. They were re interred at Warstone Lane Cemetery.

I will try and find out where the re internments were in Witton and Warstone lane cemeteries.

Back