• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Jane Bunford - tallest woman

Sorry Lyn - I was answering post #15 but the post with the photos does just say "is this the last resting place"? So perhaps it isn't - all the info on the link says is her funeral service was at St Michaels.
no i dont think it could be janes grave jan...just a coinsidence about the name i think..also all the info i have read does not say that jane married

lyn

Regarding Jane Bunford’s grave, a gravedigger was interviewed in 1972 who identified what he believed to be Jane’s original grave (1922) in the graveyard on Field Lane (gravedigger interview video). A book was published last year (The Quirky Guide to Birmingham) which tracked down the same grave and showed a photograph. The grave is still unmarked as it was in 1972. The exact location of the grave was stated as being here (grave location). Jane’s skeleton was returned to her relatives in 2005 by the University of Birmingham and buried in an undisclosed, possibly separate, grave.

thanks for that info brummagem bab thats very interesting....hope you enjoy the forum

lyn

Back