This is the record of a James Turner acquiring lands in Winson Green including Franklin Street (crossroads with James Turner St):
CR 611/486/1-6 1853-1854
These documents are held at Warwickshire County Record Office
Conveyance of land in Franklin Street, Winson Green, Birmingham, from George Norman of Birmingham, brassfounder, to James Turner of Birmingham, gent. Abstract of title to the Mansion House and lands at Winson Green and Birmingham Heath (of which the land in Franklin Street forms part), showing the title of George Norman.
This coupled with the extract from the Birmingham Post in 1868 that shows the exchange of land with the executors of the late James Turner Esquire to enable the improvement of Foundry Lane does seem to make James TURNER (c 1792 - 1867) the button maker the front runner.In other legal documents in the set with the land purchase are references to "Susan Emily" and "Ann Marie" - the names of James the button man's daughter and wife and daughter.
More details of the "Mansion House" and its lands at Winson Green would no doubt clinch the matter.