• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Jaguar XJ Done

Robert Ensor (bob)

master brummie
Jaguar a car company in Coventry with out Birmingham would maybe never made it. Lucas, Wilmont Breedon, SU, and even Dunlop .
So for me I read some sad news the Jaguar XJ is done no more petrol powerd XJ's.
1968 the first year for a Jaguar XJ6 so for a kid that has had the Jaguar XJ in his life for over 50 years this has come as a blow, I served a apprenticeship for Rolls Royce and Jaguar, my knowledge got to into America and changed my life.
So it's with great sadness I read of the demise of the Xj.

Jaguar a car company in Coventry with out Birmingham would maybe never made it. Lucas, Wilmont Breedon, SU, and even Dunlop .
So for me I read some sad news the Jaguar XJ is done no more petrol powerd XJ's.
1968 the first year for a Jaguar XJ6 so for a kid that has had the Jaguar XJ in his life for over 50 years this has come as a blow, I served a apprenticeship for Rolls Royce and Jaguar, my knowledge got to into America and changed my life.
So it's with great sadness I read of the demise of the Xj.
It will not be the same. an electric jag. what ever would MORSE say:mad:

My second car I owned in the USA 1964 XKE wish I still had that one it would be worth more than the house its parked in front off now, check out my Dad RAC AA badges I still have them, I still think the XKE is one of the best looking cars ever made It look like its going 100 MPH standing still 44737074_1545210665578964_2928408422963478528_n (1).jpg

Last edited:
very nice.
i know its ot but interesting
Decoding The AA Badge Serial Number
AA Car Badge Numbering System:

• 1 to 999,999 = issuing date between 1906 and 1930
  • A – P suffix = issuing date between 1930 and 1945
  • RST suffix = issuing date between 1946 and 1956 [flat motorcycle badges]
  • WXYZA suffix = issuing date between 1956 and 1967 [domed motorcycle badges]
  • 0A to 0Z prefix = issuing date between 1945 and 1957
  • 1A to 9A prefix = issuing date between 1957 and 1959
  • 1B to 9B prefix = issuing date between 1960 and 1961