• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Jaguar Heritage Museum Reopens

jag

proper brummie kid
The' Jaguar Heritage Museum 'was reopened today,location Browns Lane,Coventry.It is well worth a visit and i spent at least 2 hours in there,Jaguars,Daimlers and even Lanchesters.​

I'll pop over and have a look one day soon. Always loved Jags. I've owned a Mk11 3.4 Saloon, a Mk.11 3.8 Saloon and a Series1 E-Type FHC in Carmen Red with chrome wire wheels. GUB 580D where are you now? I loved you!

Ian

Series1 E-Type FHC in Carmen Red with chrome wire wheels. GUB 580D where are you now? I loved you!

Ian

From the DVLA vehicle licencing online vehicle check site:

The vehicle details for GUB 580D are:
Date of Liability 01 04 2010
Date of First Registration 19 07 1966
Year of Manufacture Not Available
Cylinder Capacity (cc) 4235CC
CO2 Emissions Not Available
Fuel Type Petrol
Export Marker Not Applicable
Vehicle Status Licence Not Due
Vehicle Colour RED

So it's still around!

I was chatting to a chap recently, about the E-type, and he suggested that I wished I'd still got it. I told him that I'd sold it 32 years ago,to fund the deposit on my home, currently worth much, much more than it's worth then. The Jag would now be worth a little more than I sold it for.

Whilst I loved it, I have no regrets concerning it's sale.

Enjoyed it's performance, though!

Lloyd, thank you very much for your input. It's good to know that the remedial work I carried out on GUB helped, in part, to secure it's place in local history.

Ian.

Skirting the DPAct it is possible, should you wish , to contact DVLA with regards to current owner- and maybe with a reaquaintance with an old flame
Just don;t tell the missus!

Just noticed that JDHT now charge for entrance
Boooooooo :(

I have never owned a Jag and its highly unlikely I ever will but there are several things that have always stood out about these vehicles. Apart from their performance thay all had stunning looks, superb engines and lovely traditional interiors.

If I came into some spare cash I would love an E-type, I noticed one a few days ago on the A449 near Wombourne whilst driving home. In fact I would be quite happy with one of the later Mk2s or, for that matter, one of the "S" types.

They also seemed to provide good value for money, expecially when you compare their performance with foreign cars than cost much more, and just look at there racing pedigree.

Back