• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

JAcksons the sweet shop

B

brum

WONDER IF ANYONE REMEBERS THE SWEET SHOP CALLED JACKSON AT THE TOP OF OUR OLD ROAD ( PUGH ROAD)I REMEBER GETTING MY POCKETMONEY ON A FIRDAY NIGHT AND RUNING INTO JACKSON IT WAS A SMALL SHOP SHE USED TO PUT THEM IN A CONE PAPPER BAG
THOSE WAS THE DAYS ANYONE OUT THERE WHO USED TO LIVE IN PUGH ROAD IN THE 50 60

Pugh Road shops

Hi Brum
I was brought up in Small Heath but we moved to pugh road in 1962 when I was sixteen and we lived there for about eight years at number 68
I remember there was an off licence and some other shops lying back from the road at the Victoria Road end, was jackson's one of these?
The shop I remember best was Mrs Donnelly's which was a few doors down from us towards the Sycamore Road end. There was a coal yard there as well but it closed shortly after we arrived. I also remember there was a shop on it's own in the middle of Pugh road on the other side from us where we used to buy bundles of kindling to light the fire.

I dunno why your asking for more replies - you haven't responded to mine yet :-\

Back