• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Jackie Hill of Lucas Memories R.I.P.

Bojalu

master brummie
With sad news I have heard that Jackie Hill of Lucas Memories passed away this morning.
Jackie left us a legacy with Lucas Memories.
Condolences and heartfelt thoughts are with Jackie’s Family.
May she Rest In Peace. xXx

R.I.P Jackie I am so sorry to hear this news. I only spoke to her a couple of weeks ago about the link from her site to this page. What a shock! She has left a wonderful legacy with her Lucas Memories Site and will be missed by many. Condolences to all her friends and family. Wendy xx

so very sorry to hear this sad news....jackie came to my house a few years ago to collect one of our blue bricks and we had a lovely chat over a cuppa.. sincere condolences to jackies family....RIP jackie and thank you for the wonderful lucas memories site..

lyn x

Although Jackie and I had chatted on the phone I had not seen her since the Birmingham Lives History Fair.
Before that we attended the Late Len Copsey's funeral together.
I know Jackie used to have a stall at Acocks Green Carnival too.
R.I.P Jackie.

I am very sorry to hear we have lost yet another old friend and long time member on this site and as like our other members
We will miss dear Jackie's memory,s and her great input to us of Lucas,s
I heart felt thoughts are with her family and I send my sincere coldolences to her family.
R I P. Jackie Astonian,,,,,,

RIP Jackie. Although I never knew Jackie personally, I too was for a couple of years a member of GKS staff and exchanged a couple of messages with Jackie some time ago. BHF has lost a valued member. My condolences to her family.

Maurice

Was Jackie in a wheelchair, and did she live near Shirley or Solihull?

If so I think I may have met her purely by accident about 6 months ago in Currys / PC World in Shirley.

I was walking round the computer section of PC World and saw this rather elderly lady in a wheelchair being pushed round by an elderly man.

She seemed rather confused about what to buy, and as she was an older lady I guessed she did not know much about computers.

As I know a lot about computers I asked if she needed help. She said she was looking for an external hard drive and I gave her some advice.

She then said she ran a website about Lucas Memories and I must admit I was rather ashamed with myself for thinking she did not know much about computers.

I then mentioned Birmingham History Forum and she said she contributed to it regularly.

Even though we only chatted for about 10 or 15 minutes she did seem a remarkable lady.

carl chinn has asked me to pass on his sincere condolences to jackies family...he had met jackie a few times and she had also appeared on his radio show to promote her lucas website...

Mark Lewis who is Jackie Hill's nephew has posted this on the Facebook page and I asked if I could post the information here.

Anybody wishing to attend the funeral the arrangements are Wednesday 29th April 1pm from the house 1.30pm at Robin Hood crematorium streetsbrook rd then back to ours after if anybody needs to know more please pm me and if your thinking I know that date it is jackies birthday RIP auntie Jackie x

Thank you for that Wendy. It is very kind of you to take the time as I know your Michael has not been at all well lately. Once again thanks.

Back