• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Is This Your Motor?

Alf Rogers

master brummie
Bob, and that is very sad but very true!
You mentioned, Richard, that you drove a Fiat Strada- just wondering, what were they like? Where they mechanically good? Do you remember the amazing advert on the telly when they launched the model, with the robots working to classical music?! I was tempted to test drive one as I liked the futuristic looks, but the wife didn't think much of it so I bought a Cortina and played it safe!

Richard Dye

master brummie
You mentioned, Richard, that you drove a Fiat Strada- just wondering, what were they like? Where they mechanically good? Do you remember the amazing advert on the telly when they launched the model, with the robots working to classical music?! I was tempted to test drive one as I liked the futuristic looks, but the wife didn't think much of it so I bought a Cortina and played it safe!
Alf, If I said that I had a Strads, I misspoke. I did have two friends that did. Mechanically they were OK until the new (about 2 years) wore off. In the US FIAT means "fix it again Tony". The other problem I recall is that they rusted badly particularly in the northern US states.
Hope tat helps!