• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Is there a problem?

Eric Gibson

master brummie
Site seems to have got in a tangle this morning, wading through treacle to get logged in and moves around.
No problem on other sites.

...very slow and sluggish...bit like me :D could be the the forum is undergoing some updates

lyn

Yesterday I found photos loaded almost line by line. Very frustrating.
Just tried loading pub quiz and photo loaded 2 lines and then froze.

This is not the only site that is slow, so it sounds like a backbone internet slowdown. Saturday, nowhere to go, and everyone on lockdown with all the teens playing online games?

Maurice :cool:

It`s been 6 hours since i started d/loading Greys Anatomy & i`m less than half way. Would normally take less than 5 minutes. I blame the Chinese or maybe the russians or could be Trumpy, surely not Boris!

forum just went off again for me and the photos posted are slow to view...hopefully warren can let us know what the problem is

lyn

This is not the only site that is slow, so it sounds like a backbone internet slowdown. Saturday, nowhere to go, and everyone on lockdown with all the teens playing online games?

Maurice...……...I think you are right on! everyone at home with many users. I've seen thing a little slow with my phone & pad but computer is fine!

Richard, as Alan says, it seems OK this morning. A lot depends, where sites use advertising, whether they store the adverts on their own site or use Google AdSense, which gets them from all over the place. Whether you use an AdBlocker makes no difference - that just stops them being displayed. For instance, watch the bottom left hand of your screen when loading the Daily Express site. On a bad day that is painfully slow.

Everywhere is slow sadly too much traffic on the networks atm :( I will reboot though just in case

Back